Honda CB1000R (08-17) Rear Hugger Gloss Black 071001B
- Fits years: 2008 to 2017 * Colour: Gloss Black
Rear Hugger for the
Keep the business end of your bike clean with this stylish hugger from Pyramid.
Uses all existing mounting points and comes complete with all required brackets, fasteners and fitting instructions.
Volumetric weight - 10
3 x M5 x 16mm matt black flanged bolts.
1 x M6 x 20mm flanged stainless steel button head bolt.
1 x M6 small stainless steel washer.
1 x M6 stainless steel Nylock nut.
1 x M6 large washer.
CB1000R (08>) Hugger Fitting Instructions
Fits ABS and Non-ABS models.
If your bike is a non ABS Version go straight to No. 2
1. If your bike has ABS, first pinch the two small shoulders together of each of the two ABS wire retaining clips at the rear inside wall of the chain guard and release them.
2. Using the short length of a 5mm ‘L’ shaped Allen Key spanner and working from the right side of the bike, loosen the silver retaining bolt holding the foot section, at the rear, on the inside of the chain guard. Then with the long end of the Allen Key, working from the left side of the bike, remove the bolt completely.
3. Unclip the plastic retaining clips holding the brake hose, (and ABS wire if relevant), from along the top of the chain guard, and with the 5mm Allen Key, also undo the two retaining bolts on the swing arm and remove the chain guard completely.
4. Pop ABS wire plastic clips back on brake hose, (if ABS is included), and we suggest at this point you bind the ABS wire and brake pipe together with a length of gaffer/electrical insulating tape, or similar around the clips, just as an extra safety precaution. Then slide hugger on from top rear into position. Using a 3mm Allen Key insert one M5 x 16mm matt black bolt through the large washer, (both supplied in fitting kit), and the hole in chain guard foot at bottom rear of hugger and loosely screw into corresponding hole original bolt came out of. Then loosely fix the two remaining black bolts (also in fitting kit), through the two retaining holes on front left side of hugger and into swing arm as original chain guard.
5. With a 4mm Allen Key and a 10mm ring spanner loosely fix M6 x 20mm stainless steel flanged bolt through front right side holes in hugger and swing arm with washer and locknut on the inside. (all in fitting kit).
6. When happy fit is correct, clearances are even and nothing is chaffing anywhere, tighten all bolts. Be sure not to over-tighten, (and don’t forget, to pop ABS wire retaining clips back into position on the inside of the rear of the hugger, if need be).